The advent of new technology continues to make our lives easier. From needle apps for your smartphone to computerized sewing machines, smart advances help sewing just as much as other industries.
One advance that’s helped home sewists tremendously, especially those who live in rural areas, is online sewing classes. Find free classes via a Google search, or purchase premium classes from sites such as craftdaily.com and sew.tv for step-by-step visuals to create projects and learn new skills.
Even veteran sewists love honing their skills, finding fun new projects and refreshing their knowledge of basic techniques through online sewing courses.
Now YOU can become a certified sewing teacher for online Sulky sewing classes and impart your expertise to help others learn!
Whether you want to begin a career as a sewing teacher or advance your sewing career, the Sulky® Online Teacher Certification Training program is designed to enhance your success with the most up-to-date teaching skills. In the comfort of your home you’ll learn how to do and teach the most popular creative machine art techniques and how to use the newest creative products as you develop beautiful, inspiring samples; and have lots of fun doing it!
Even if you have no intention of teaching others, the course is creative and educational — go ahead and sign up just for the fun of it! (Save $100 on the registration cost by using coupon code SN100 at checkout!! Hurry–the offer expires August 15th!!)
The Sulky® Online Certified Teacher Training Program includes:
- 10 amazing projects that teach you over 65 Machine Art Techniques
- Video instruction by highly skilled, enthusiastic, National Sulky Educators
- Access for 3 months to download all course materials and videos, and watch them for as long as you like
- Access to communicate for 3 months with the Sulky faculty who will be available to answer any question you might have about projects, patterns and teaching methods
- Downloadable Certification Manual which includes a comprehensive, tried and true curriculum, lesson plans, reproducible class handouts, full color photos which show you step-by-step how to create each project, plus Sewing and Business Education
- An official Sulky® Certified Teacher Certificate
- The immeasurable opportunity and status associated with the Sulky name
- Receive training on the Business of Teaching: Marketing and Promoting Classes
- Discover where to teach
- Learn about class pricing suggestions
- Learn about kit fees & class policies
- You’ll receive the news release guidelines
- Master teacher preparation
- Learn how to understand threads and stabilizers: where, when, why and how to use them
- And much more!
How to sign up!
- Tuition is $499 (before discount), with a supply list being mailed to you from Sulky. Call Sulky at 1-800-874-4115 or email email@example.com for more information on supplies and cost of supplies.
- Start date is September 8, 2014
- All projects are due December 8, 2014(7 of 10 projects must be completed to be eligible for certification)
- This course and registration for this course take place on our sister company’s Website: Craft University.
- Instructors are: Carol Ingram, Ellen Osten, Patti Lee
Challenge yourself, continue to learn and grow and add a new dimension to your sewing education with this certification!