Are you interested in learning more about your embroidery machine, how to make beautiful embroidered projects? Did you purchase your embroidery machine thinking you’d take classes later, but never found the time? Has life gotten in the way (gasp!) of creating? We’ve got an easy way for you to learn about your awesome machine and with a most excellent instructor.
Katie Bartz can show you what your embroidery machine can do and all with her easy, down to earth teaching style. Get ready, in these classes you’ll learn so much about your machine and what it can do. Additionally, you can take these courses one by one or get the whole package and learn whenever and where ever.
Let’s break it down and see what the four course series will cover.
Katie will show you how to get the most out of your embroidery machine, but in a logical sequence, beginning with the most basic elements and moving on to more intricate and creative embroidery skills over this four-part series.
- Starting with needles and threads, learn about the sizes and styles of each, and how they affect each other and your stitching.
- Learn to solve – or better yet, avoid — common problems like skipped stitches, frayed or breaking threads and puckers.
- Develop confidence in your own thread and needle choices, and learn to get the most from them – like getting maximum shine from your metallic threads.
- Learn to hoop easily, and precisely, even centering your motif perfectly, as you gain an understanding of stabilizer choices and how they relate to the hooping process.
- Explore the anatomy of a hoop, and how to decide whether to hoop ….. or not!
- Move confidently through three of the most common embroidery situations, and build a solid foundation upon which all your embroidery projects can develop successfully.
- Begin an exploration of special effects embroidery, as you learn the anatomy and language of each via step-by-step demonstration.
- Learn to properly stabilize for each project, how to remove water soluble stabilizers with ease and how (and why) to use puffy foam in your embroidery.
- Finish up with a project that has it all, as you learn to center your embroidery in the hoop every single time.
- See how easy it is to incorporate unique materials into your projects.
- Experience the various embroidery styles, including simple grid quilting and applique in the hoop.
- Series Bonus: The easiest zipper insertion ever, and adding beads to your projects by machine.
Cost: $149.99 for 12 week course.
If you’re interested in getting the most out of your embroidery machine Katie Bartz is your gal. You’ll walk away with a better understanding of your machine and what it can do.
This course starts April 17th and runs through July 10. To find out more about this course and Katie Bartz head on over to Craft University!