Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary Celebration

If you have received your latest issue of Creative Machine Embroidery you may have noticed our upcoming celebration. We are celebrating 15 years of bringing you fun embroidery designs, top-notch contributors and talent and the best tips and techniques.

As part of our celebration we’ll be having a secret sew along. Each month from January to June we’ll post instructions, patterns, designs everything you need to complete the section of the sew along. As you sew along you’ll may be able to guess what the finished project will be, but keep sewing along!

SweepstakesLogo optimized 500 Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary CelebrationIn addition, you’ll receive 6 free design downloads through out the sew along that all coordinate beautifully with the finished project.

The sew along will end on June 1, 2016 when the project is revealed and the sweepstakes winner is chosen at random. The winner will be featured in the Nov/Dec issue of Creative Machine Embroidery magazine!

Prizes for this spectacular contest are from:

CME Prize image Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary CelebrationTo Enter The Sweepstakes: All you need to so is click here . This link will take you to the sweepstakes page.

Please check out the first supply list so you can be ready come January 1, 2016 when the sew along officially starts.

Supplies needed:

Select a heavyweight cotton duck fabric in a solid color for the project exterior; you’ll need 1 yard of 52″-wide fabric. Duck fabric is a plain-woven fabric that is stiff and durable, which is perfect for this project. Most fabric stores carry a wide variety of duck fabric colors. Or purchase duck fabric online, such as bigduckcanvas.com. If available, select a 15-ounce duck fabric weight.

4F2B670F 2823 449F 8C6B E0E07437F2DD Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary CelebrationChoose a fun print cotton fabric for the project interior. Quilting cotton works best and is offered in the largest print variety. For the fun interior fabric you’ll need 3/4 yard of 45-52″ wide fabric. If you are working with directional prints or need to fussy cut yardage be sure to calculate that into the yardage.

AEF458C9 3A4A 4DD7 94CA 4425F69B9007 Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary CelebrationPurchase heavyweight fusible interfacing, such as Pellon 809 Décor-Bond. The interfacing needs to be stiff to give structure, but flexible enough for easy turning and achieving sharp corners.  For the Pellon Decor Bond purchase 3/4 yard , 1/2 yard of lightweight fusible interfacing and enough stabilizer for one hooping (around 25″x25″).

• Heavyweight cut-away fusible stabilizer (3/4 yard)
  • Thread: all-purpose & embroidery
  • Needles: 90/14 embroidery & 90/14 universal
  • 1/4”-wide double-sided fusible web tape
  • 9”-long metal zipper
  • 11”-long metal separating zipper (Note: If you can’t find an 11”-long zipper, purchase a 12”- or longer zipper and two zipper stops.)
  • Two 9 1/4” lengths of 3/8”-diameter cording
  • Six 3/4”-wide D-rings
  • Two 3/4” swivel clasps
  • 45”-long dowel – (1/4″ in diameter)

And, that’s it! Leave any comments in the section below and we’ll get back to you, but we can’t tell you what the project is!

This entry was posted in Secret Sew Along, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

75 Responses to Get Ready To Party! CME 15th Anniversary Celebration

1. Marilynn says:

Where do we go to get the designs and instrucions?

2. Marge says:

I can’t find the instructions . All I can find is the supply list.

3. Pamuela Hodson says:

You get us all hyped up and excited, now you make us wait. Any idea when we will get our first set of instructions?

4. Jackie Burck says:

Can heavy denim me used instead of duck fabric?

5. Dottie Irvin says:

Ok I bought all the supplies in December. Which was an investment of time and money. Still waiting and not even sure where the “January 1″ instructions are going to be posted. Is it here?????

6. Pingback: Mystery Sew-Along Part 1: Introduction, Supply List, Free Design & Pattern Download | Creative Machine Embroidery

7. Jill says:

Yes, heavy denim can be used in place of duck cloth.

8. Kathy Schmidt says:

I still cannot get onto the page to sign up for the drawing. I was able to get to pattern by clicking another response under your comments. Please help.

9. Cheryl says:

Is the duck cloth center strip the base pattern and do we need to cut one for the lining as shown on the base because it never called for it to be cut out under the lining instruction? Also, you state trim the upper and lower seam allowances from the center strip (base?), would that be 5/8″ for the interfacing?

10. Nancy says:

Can someone suggest a source for 3/4″ swivel hooks and d rings?

11. Jill says:

In some cases the page takes a few seconds to load. Please be sure that you aren’t closing your browser window. You can also try using another browswer such as Firefox or Chrome.

12. Pat says:

I am not interested in signing up for the prizes. Do I have to do anything to make sure that I received notices of when the next step is published? As I don’t always see the blog posts in a timely fashion.

13. Jill says:

You could subscribe to our newsletter or like us on Facebook and we’ll announce the next stages there.

14. Glenda says:

Does one use the Upper Front Panel pattern piece for One upper-back panel?

15. Lynn says:

I signed up but have not gotten any instructions this month yet. I don’t want to buy the supplies if I don’t get the monthly instructions!

16. Pamuela Hodson says:

I have printed out the patterns, but have issues. Page 1b in your pattern has all of the lines that should be printed. When I choose the print button one of the lines is cut off. Also the printed copy has the line cut off. This happened on several pattern pages. Would you please give me the dimensions of the following pattern pieces unless you have a better solution. 1b,1d,1e,1f,1g,2a (I did not get the dotted lines to line up with 2b),2d,2g.

17. I’ve been trying to find/buy the 3/4” swivel clasps, both locally and online without success . Is there a picture, or photo somewhere of what they look like please? Thanks!

18. Norma Hamell says:

My printer is being stubborn…could you please give the dimensions of the pieces since most of them are rectangles? The shaped pieces then could be figured out.

19. Jane says:

How large of a hoop do you need to do this project? Nowhere in the instructions does it say that one will need a hoop larger than 5 x 7 inches. However, the second design is 10.11 wide by 7.21 inches and is way too large for my Ellure Plus embroidery machine (5 x 7 hoop). I’ve invested a lot of time and money purchasing supplies for this mystery project. Will I be able to complete it? Thank you.

20. Terri Baker says:

Does the cording need to match or will it be covered? Thanks!!

21. Jane says:

I’ve read all the comments and responses and don’t see one to mine. If I missed a reply to my post, I apologize fro asking again but i really need to know how big a hoop you need to complete this project. My largest is a 5 by 7. Thank you.

22. Jill says:

The cording should match. But, it might look fun if it didn’t or if it matched your lining.

23. Also, for each blog posting, try and pick a different (but related) keyword to use.
    These days the SEO techniques have grown trickier due to which manycompanies are taking the help of SEO companies and yet many are outsourcing theservices from SEO Company India.
    And don’t stop with the domain name; include your keywords
    in your file names as well. com is concentrated on providing customers
    with exemplary purchaser organization collectively with a
    versatile technique to accessing organization info.

I gave hypnotic postcards home based business a try last year (2011); about
    six months ago. Since you have actually understood the common methods, let us have a
    look at both wide classifications of Search Engine Optimization solutions.

24. beth daniels says:

I am too late for make the garment.