Learn creative seasonal ideas with Mark Lipinski in Holiday Borders Using Strips Pt. 1. Mark Lipinski shows you how to make and assemble borders for two holiday quilts. He demonstrates how to create holiday borders for Halloween and Thanksgiving quilts. This is a video class that runs a little over an hour and is perfect for those who love making holiday themed quilts. Click on any image to watch a preview .
- Strip cut pieces and sew them together for a Halloween quilt
- Use a candy corn template on pieced fabric
- Use various templates to create a block for a fun border on a holiday themed quilt
- Create a 4 patch corner block for a Halloween-themed border
- Embellish your quilts if desired
- Strip piece a leaf border for a Thanksgiving-themed quilt
- Assemble 9 patch leaf blocks for a border on a Thanksgiving quilt
If you would like to see more of Mark and his very fun take on all things quilting, check out the Quilt Out Loud series form QNNtv.com. This episode Mark visits Carol Doak and shows us her inspiring way to paper-piece.
As a designer, Mark’s work has been seen in McCall’s Quilts, Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting, McCall’s Quick Quilts, Quiltmaker, American Patchwork and Quilting, Quilts and More, The Quilter, Irish Quilting, and Fabric Trends magazines and has been a guest on HGTV’s Simply Quilts.
He has also launched a line of his own quilting patterns called The Quilts of Pickle Road. Mark has been commissioned to design products and workshops for several companies and has designed premier fabric collections, including a collection for Northcott.
Mark is a past Vice President of the State Quilt Guild of New Jersey, the past Vice President for The Common Threads Quilters, and member of The Nubian Heritage Quilters, The Garden State Quilters and The Brownstone Quilters. Nationally you might recognize Mark has a member of the Quilt Professionals Network, Studio Quilt Art Associates, and the American Quilter’s Society.