Get a this cute ladybug design for FREE. Use the design on children’s clothes, tote bags, or a fun backpack for the kids. Click HERE to download the design and get started on making your own fun project.
Plus read guest blogger Annie Liebenberg from embroiderydelight.com Diaper Bag Tutorial. If you have any questions on the the diaper bag tutorial please email Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check out her website for fun designs and projects!
- 1m x 150cm wide main fabric
- 70cm x 150cm wide fabric for lining
- Scraps of coordinating print fabrics for interior pockets
- 50cm open end zipper
- Batting or padding
- 25mm bias binding
- 2 packages of single fold bias binding
- Marathon embroidery thread
- Normal stitch and tear 2layers
- Schmetz Embroidery Needle 75/11
- 100% cotton quilting fabric for applique
- Satin Ribbon 1cm thickness
1. First do your embroideries on four pieces of fabric for pockets on outside (25cm x 25cm)
2. Cut x 2 pattern pieces of front and back from main fabric, and transfer all pattern markings on pattern. Then cut 2 pattern pieces of front and back from lining.
3. Cut 1 main fabric for the bottom and 1 lining.
6. Quilt/stitch each pattern piece through as per picture (1 batting/padding and main fabric)
7. Finish pockets of embroideries with a lining and binding on top of pocket.
8. Cut 2 pieces of fabric 10cm each for handle. You can add batting for stabilising your handle, join together to form a 3m strip. Fold and stitch
9. Sew together back and front to bottom remembering to place embroidered pockets on front and back attach handle/belting over pockets
10. Attach embroidered pockets to the sides pieces of the bag, trim to the shape of side.
11. Cut a piece of fabric from contrasting for the pockets inside bag (75cm x 40cm) fold in half. Mark 2cm from folded edge to attach elastic. (see fig ?) Attach to one side of lining.
12. Attach lining to inner part of bag on top with zigzag stitch. Finish top of bag with bias binding.
13. Stitch zip in on top of bag.
14. Make two epaulettes and place on the front and end of zipper.
16. Finish edges with a bias binding.