Properly placing designs can accentuate your best features. Draw attention upward with an embellished neckline that contrasts a brightly patterned dress.
- sleeveless dress pattern (such as McCall’s 5618)
- fabric & notions according to pattern envelope
- lightweight fusible tricot interfacing
- polyester embroidery thread (See “Sources.”)
- needles: embroidery, sewing
- cut-away stabilizer
- embroidery design
- Cut out each pattern piece from the chosen fabric. Complete steps 1-10 from the pattern guidesheet.
- Print a template of the chosen embroidery design and audition it on one neckline piece right side.
- Once satisfied with the design placement, hoop two layers of cut-away stabilizer. Load the embroidery design onto the machine. Baste the stabilizer in the hoop.
- Place the fabric piece over the stabilizer; baste again (A). Embroider the design. Once embroidery is complete, cut away the stabilizer and remove all jump and basting stitches.
- Repeat to embroider the two remaining neckline pieces.
A Place fabric over stabilizer; baste.
- Finish constructing the dress according to the pattern guidesheet.
Circles: Pfaff, Fabric Creator, #410, design #9; (800) 997-3233, pfaff.com or myembroideries.com
Hilos Iris provided the polyester embroidery thread: hilosiris.com.
McCall’s Pattern Co. provided the sleeveless dress pattern: (800) 766-3619 x397, mccallpattern.com.
Sulky provided the Soft ‘n Sheer cut-away stabilizer: (800) 874-4115, sulky.com.