Make your holiday dining even more special when you set the table with the festive ensemble featured in the CME Holiday Embroidery 2007 issue (see "Festive Dining" on pages 42 to 47; click here to order this issue).
Then complete the look with these elegant chair back covers and ornament wraps—available only online!
Chair Back Cover
Note: Supplies listed make one chair back cover.
- McCall’s 4405, view F (modified)
- Fabric and notions according to pattern envelope
- Clear water-soluble stabilizer
- 1 1⁄2 yards of 4"- to 6"-wide green or red double-layer sheer wire-edge ribbon
- 1 yard of 1 1⁄2"-wide gold tassel trim with decorative header
- Embroidery, bobbin and sewing thread
- Embroidery designs of your choice
- Follow the pattern guidesheet to cut the front, back and side pieces from fabric, lining and interfacing.
- Print or stitch templates of the design.
- Mark the design placement at the center and 2" from the cut end.
- Hoop clear water-soluble stabilizer and one end of a ribbon length, aligning the guide marks. Pin outside the embroidery field for extra stability.
- Embroider the design.
- Tear-away the excess stabilizer.
- Rotate the design horizontally and repeat to embroider the design on the remaining ribbon length.
- Pin the ribbons to the right side of the back fabric piece with embroidered cut ends even with the side edges of the fabric. For 6"-wide ribbon, position 4 1⁄2" from the upper edge of the fabric; for 4"-wide ribbon, position 5 1⁄2" from the upper edge of the fabric (A).
- Follow the pattern guidesheet to assemble the chair back cover.
- Sew the tassel trim to the cover lower edge.